Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My go-to everyday neutral look

So today we are learning my go-to neutral makeup look. I did a video, but I wasn't very good at staying in the frame, as I couldn't see the back of my camera (I need to invest in a good one), so I am going to explain it to you in text. I have a picture of what it looks like at the end, and I have pictures of the colors I used, but sadly, no pictures or proper video of how to do the look. That being said, let's get started!

First off, start with a gold-bronze color. I'm using this one from the Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette (all the colors I use are from this palette).












Apply that all over your lid, stopping at the crease.

Next take a dark bronzey color (that's the best I can describe it), and apply it in your crease, and blend it.
















Then apply a dark chocolate brown color into the outer half of your crease and the outer corner of your eye. Blend that in.
















If you have any dark areas, put a skin color shadow over and around them and blend.

Then apply a white highlight color to your brow bone and inner corner.

Now this is where I stop if I'm just waking up, putting on makeup, and leaving. Well, I actually put on mascara too. If you want to amp this up a little bit for more glamour or for night, then keep going.

Line your waterline and upper lash line with a dark brown color. I used Wet n' Wild's Idol Eyes Retractable eyeliner in Mink Brown. Smudge the upper line with an angled eyeliner brush so it's not as harsh.

Then I line my upper lash line with a very thin line of Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Baked. Let that dry.

Then put on some mascara and your eyes are done! For blush, I like to go with a neutral color, like a soft pink or coral color. I tend to go with a bright lip for this look, because the eyes are very natural looking.



























I really like this look because it's so extremely easy and fast to do, and it looks very natural while still looking polished. I hope you like it too!

I promise that the next tutorial will be better quality. ;]

Stay beautiful (in Him),
-Melissa

P.S. I know the eye pictures are crappy. Sorry bout that! Maybe sometime I'll upload some better ones. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment